Our latest report – High Speed Rail: Levelling Up Voices – brings together influential voices from across politics, business and academia to make the case for the benefits of rail infrastructure investment, which include:
- allowing the efficient movement of people and goods in towns and cities across the UK;
- creating larger and more unified labour markets;
- improving peoples’ access to local services;
- enhancing firm-to-firm connectivity; and
- expanding access to new and existing markets.
In short, investing in and improving transport connectivity results in a boost to living standards, more resources diverted toward skills and education, and restored local pride and opportunity across the UK – all of which are core tenets of the levelling up agenda.
You can download the full report here: High Speed Rail Levelling Up Voices
Following the coronavirus pandemic, economic recovery is central to the Government’s forward-looking agenda. But the report contributors make clear that (more…)