The aim of High Speed Rail Industry Leaders Ltd is to support, promote and champion the principles of High Speed Rail in the UK. Members come together to coordinate and share the expertise and experience within the industry and help assure that Britain’s national high-speed rail network is delivered successfully to world class standards.
Members represent design, construction, manufacturing and operations, together with supporting specialist businesses from across the supply chain.
We believe high speed rail is crucially important to Britain’s future economic and social health and prosperity. Economically it will help rejuvenate towns and cities, interlinking businesses and markets and helping to rebalance our country. Socially it will create jobs across Britain, fostering innovation and skills amongst our current and future workforce whilst reaffirming our leading position in delivering cutting edge infrastructure projects on the world stage.
Our members have helped deliver major infrastructure projects in the UK and around the world, ranging from creating entirely new high speed networks through to maintaining and improving the UK’s existing rail network. We aim to use this experience and expertise to ensure the extension of the high speed rail network leaves a lasting legacy for growth, jobs and skills that will be the envy of the world.
Specifically, we aim to:
- promote the economic, social and environmental benefits of the development of a high speed rail network in the UK
- complement the work of HS2 Ltd by bringing together expertise in engineering, construction, operations, funding and regulation to think ahead on delivery issues
- help to ensure that the wider opportunities, including for SMEs, created by Government’s commitment to high-speed rail are identified and can be delivered
- engage with other industry bodies and respond to relevant consultations from our position as a central industry repository of expertise on issues relating to high speed rail
- act as a media contact point for journalists wishing to learn more about high speed rail